Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Days



Yesterday my husband, daughter and her cousin went for a paddleboat "trip." I dropped them off at Howard's Woods and they paddled and explored down the river until they got to the lake dock where I picked them up again. The trip took a little over 2 hours and they had a ball!






I looked at the photos my husband took, and smiled. This is what summer days are supposed to be like for kids. Though the girls are 11 and 14, they waded, splashed, looked for turtles, crayfish and other water life and got their flip flops totally encased in mud! Of course, they also listened to music from their phones while they paddled, texted and generally acted like the teen and preteen of the 21st century that they are. My husband had a lay-off day and put it to good use. I hope this is a day my daughter and her cousin remember, when they recall the good times of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment